Grapefruit essential oil is derived from the rind of yellow-orange fruit of an evergreen citrus tree. It has an invigorating and energising aroma and when diffused helps promote focus and clarity. Grapefruit oil has many skin care benefits and can help promote healthy, clear skin when use topically.
Some of the links on this website are affiliate links of which Steph Fortune receives a small commission from sales of certain items, but the price is the same for you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
There are a few things to be mindful of when using essential oils. Firstly, make sure to always dilute your essential oils when applying topically to avoid any skin sensitivities. Secondly, some essential oils, such as grapefruit, are photosensitive. If your applying to exposed skin then make sure you don’t go out in the sun for at least 12 hours after applying. You can check out some more essential oil safety guidelines here.
12 Uses for doTERRA Grapefruit Essential Oil
1.Grapefruit essential oil will help improve the appearance of blemishes where it is applied. Great for teenagers with constant blemishes.
2. Make your own DIY Alphabet Grapefruit Soap.
3. Diffuse while dieting or trying to lose weight to increase motivation.
4. Support your metabolism at home or on-the-go by adding one to two drops of Grapefruit oil to your water.
5. Enjoy a soothing massage with Grapefruit essential oil. You want around a 2% dilution ratio, so that would be 5 drops of essential oil in 15ml carrier oil.
6. Rub one to two drops of Grapefruit essential oil on your stomach to help you have a healthy emotional relationship with your body and aid digestion.
7. Rub one to two drops of Grapefruit oil mixed with a carrier oil onto your neck and shoulders to promote feelings of vitality and uplift mood.
8. Add Grapefruit essential oil to your body wash for a beautiful invigorating scent and to uplift your mood.
9. If you need some help focusing, diffuse Grapefruit essential oil whilst studying or reading.
10. Make a yummy Pitaya Smoothie Bowl for breakfast.
11. Use Grapefruit essential oil in your home deodorisers to create a refreshing, cleansing scent. For a simple carpet deodoriser add 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil with 2 cups of baking soda, sprinkle on floors and vacuum up.
12. Simply open the bottle and take a sniff when you need a mood pick me up.
Safety Tip: Avoid sun exposure for up to 12 hours after applying any citrus oil topically.