Diffusers are the perfect tool to keep in your home or office. Depending on what essential oils you diffuse, they can freshen and cleanse the space with oils infused to meet your needs, which can range from calming and grounding, to invigorating and uplifting to the senses.
Learning how to clean your diffuser is important to ensure its longevity. If left for too long, essential oils or any leftover water can corrode and ruin your unit, and can also negatively affect your aromatic experience when there’s an array of essential oil residue in the diffuser.
To keep your diffuser in perfect running condition you should clean your diffuser after each use by wiping it out and letting it dry before using it again – I must confess im not so good at this step!
Every month, you should also give your diffuser a deep clean by following the steps below. Whilst this is specific for doTERRAs diffusers most diffusers will probably have similar instructions, if your not sure make sure to check with the manufacturer of your diffuser before trying to clean.
Some of the links on this website are affiliate links of which Steph Fortune receives a small commission from sales of certain items, but the price is the same for you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Deep-Clean an Ultrasonic Diffuser (Lumo or Petal diffuser)
- Turn off your diffuser.
- Fill the water reservoir halfway to the line with clean water.
- Add 10 drops of pure white vinegar to the water reservoir.
- Turn it on and let run for 3-5 minutes, allowing the vinegar to disperse throughout.
- Drain the water reservoir completely.
- Dip a cotton swab in white vinegar and wipe down the edges of the water reservoir as well as the ultrasonic mist chip.
- Rinse the water reservoir with clean water.
- Wipe the reservoir with a dry cloth and let air dry before using it again.