Balance is a grounding blend, promoting tranquillity and balance to the body and emotions. It has a fresh and sweet but woody aroma to it.
Spruce, one of the oils in Balance, was used by Native Americans for health and spiritual reasons and is still used today to bring harmony to the mind and body.
Some of the links on this website are affiliate links of which Steph Fortune receives a small commission from sales of certain items, but the price is the same for you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This blend contains six essential oils in a base of fractionated coconut oil.
This oil is rich in bornyl acetate. Research shows that bornyl acetate is most effective when inhaled. In human clinical research, inhalation of Spruce Leaf essential oil was shown to promote feelings of calm and relaxation.
Ho Wood Leaf
Ho Wood contains linalool which is known for its calming properties. Multiple experimental studies have shown that it may promote relaxation when inhaled.
Frankincense is known as ”the king of oils” because it has such a variety of uses. It is great for beauty and grounding purposes. It is also a great source of alpha-pinene, and offers a warm and slightly spicy scent that provides a soothing and balancing experience whether diffused or applied topically.
Blue Tansy Flower
Blue Tansy essential oil contains significant concentrations of sabinene, camphor, and chamazulene, as well as other potent terpene compounds. Blue Tansy has a mellow, almost balsamic odor, and is perfect as part of a restoring and relaxing massage.
Blue Chamomile Flower
Blue (or German) Chamomile essential oil is rich in chamazulene, the same aromatic compound that gives Blue Tansy and Yarrow its bright blue hue. It is valued for its calming effects when experienced aromatically.
Osamanthus flowers come from a native shrub in Asia that produces a flower full of aromatic compounds.
It is rich in beta-ionone, part of a group of compounds that are often referred to as “rose ketones” because of their presence in a variety of floral oils.
Osmanthus has been shown in clinical research to reduce feelings of stress when inhaled.
Ways to Use Balance Essential Oil
- Apply to neck and wrists for a peaceful aroma
- Apply to bottom of feet for a grounding fragrance
- Combine with epsom salts in a warm bath for relaxation
- Diffuse in car to create a calming soothing environment
- Begin the day by putting balance on the bottom of your feet to promote feelings of calmness and tranquillity throughout the day.
- Apply topically to help ease anxious feelings.
Science Behind Balance Essential Oil
- Experimental research suggests that inhalation of Frankincense may promote feelings of relaxation and emotional balance.
- Human clinical research suggests that inhalation of bornyl acetate, a major component for the doTERRA balance blend (found in Black Spruce) may promote relaxation and feelings of calm when in stressful situations.
- Experimental research suggests that beta-pinene (found in Black Spruce) may have properties that help to energize and uplift when inhaled.
Balance DIY Recipes
DIY Solid Perfume
- Add beeswax and Fractionated Coconut Oil to glass jar.
- Place jar in saucepan with one to one and a half inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until combined (about 5–10 minutes).
- Once melted, remove from heat and let rest for three minutes.
- Add essential oil and stir.
- Pour into containers.
- To use, apply small amount to skin.
Essential Oil Bubble Bath
- Combine ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into glass container.
- To use, add ¼–½ cup of the essential oil bubble bath mixture to warm, running bath water.
Balance Shower Tablets
Bath bombs are all the rage but if your not a fan of baths then give this DIY a try. These tablets are super easy to make and the balalnce essential oil is a great one to keep your grounded, calm and relaxed before bed.
You can make up a stash to keep in a jar in the bathroom for easy access the next time you need them.
FYI , these are also great for the kids, if they’re not a fan of baths 🙂
1 ½ cups baking soda
15–20 drops Balance
½ cup water
- Combine baking soda and water in a bowl and mix well.
- Add 15–20 drops of essential oils and mix again.
- Pack the mixture into small silicone molds and let them dry overnight.
- To use, place one or two tablets in the shower. (Keep it away from the direct flow of water).
- Allow tablets to dissolve gradually and release the calming aroma.
Balance Rollerball Blends
Rollerballs are a great way of keeping your blends handy or convenient for on the go use. Try some of these recipes using balance to help you stay calm and relaxed and promote positive feelings.
- 5 drops Serenity + 5 drops Balance
- 5 drops Wild Orange + 5 drops Balance
- 5 drops Lavender + 5 drops Balance
Put the oils in a 10ml roller bottle and top with carrier oil of your choice.
You can add more oils or use less based on the age of the person using it and their personal requirements.
Balance Diffuser Blends
Alert & Attentive – 2 drops Frankincense, 2 drops Vetiver, 4 drops Balance
Picnic in the Mountains – 1 drop White Fir, 4 drops Balance, 2 drops Eucalyptus, 3 drops Douglas Fir
Springtime Bliss – 2 drops Aromatouch, 3 drops Lime, 2 drops Balance, 1 drop Citrus Bliss
Blue Christmas – 1 drop Balance, 1 drop Juniper Berry, 1 drop Peace
Go Get Em! – 2 drops Balance, 2 drops Passion, 2 drops Citrus Bliss
Wind Down – 3 drops Serenity, 2 drops Wild Orange, 2 drops Balance
Balanced Bliss – 3 drops Balance, 2 drops White Fir, 3 drops Citrus Bliss
Rejuvenate – 3 drops Balance, 3 drops Purify
Calm & Uplift – 3 drops Corinader, 3 drops Peppermint, 3 drops Balance
Staycation – 3 drops Balalnce, 3 drops Bergamot
Stress Less – 1 drop Vetiver, 1 drop Lavender, 2 drops Balance
Finals Week – 3 drops Balance, 3 drops Lime
Labor of Love – 3 drops Balance, 2 drops White Fir, 1 drop Lavender