Wild Orange is a citrus oil known to be good for cleaning and purifying as well as uplifting for the emotions. It has the ability to support cellular and immune function, making it a great oil for the cooler months.
WAYS TO USE WILD ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Use in an all-purpose spray to cleanse and purify surfaces
- Diffuse to uplift mood and energy
- Pop a few drops in your air filter to improve smell and reduce odors
- Make your own wood polish using this oil to give new life to wood floors and furniture
- Can be used to help support eh immune system
SCIENCE BEHIND WILD ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Wild Orange essential oil robustly impacted cellular health, immune response, and metabolism processes.
- limonene is primarily known for its powerful cleansing properties
- ability to support cellular function, the immune system, metabolism, and even certain dental applications.
WILD ORANGE DIY RECIPES
Almond Orange Scrub
- Add almonds, orange peel, Fractionated Coconut Oil, and Wild Orange oil into a food processor and mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Store in an air-tight glass container and use 1–2 tablespoons as needed.
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup vinegar
10 drops Wild Orange
Glass spray bottle
- Add olive oil and vinegar to glass spray bottle.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil.
- Shake well before each use.
- Apply to microfiber cloth and wipe wood surfaces clean. Repeat every 2-3 months or as often as needed.
*Always check with your manufacturer’s instructions before use on surfaces and test in an inconspicuous area first.
Wild Orange Lip Balm
- Place everything, but Wild Orange oil and vanilla extract into glass measuring cup or bowl.
- Fill large saucepan with one to one and a half inches of water. Bring to boil.
- Once boiling, place glass measuring cup in centre of saucepan.
- Stir every few minutes until ingredients have melted and are combined.
- Once all wax is melted, remove from heat and let sit a few minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and Wild Orange oil.
- Pour mixture into lip balm containers and let cool.
Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
Note: This recipe makes a little less than ¼ cup. Either portion out the mixture into several air-tight containers, or adjust the recipe to fit the container you have.
- Mix brown sugar, coconut oil, and honey in small bowl.
- Add desired essential oils.
- Stir until ingredients are combined.
- Put contents into container(s) of your choice.
- Apply to lips as needed.
WILD ORANGE ROLLERBALL BLENDS
Roller balls are a great way of keeping your blends handy or convenient for on the go use. Try some of these recipes using Wild Orange essential oil.
Tantrum Buster – 5 drops Wild Orange 5 drops doTERRA Balance (increase or decrease drops based on age of person using)
Ray of Light – 12 drops Grapefruit, 12 drops Sandalwood, 8 drops Green Mandarin, 8 drops Wild Orange
Focus Blend – 10 drops Wild Orange, 10 drops Peppermint
Belly Blend – 10 drops Wild Orange, 10 drops doTERRA DigestZen
WILD ORANGE DIFFUSER BLENDS
Citrus Dreams – 2 drops Cedarwood, 3 drops Eucalyptus, 3 drops Wild Orange, 2 drops Frankincense
Autumn Afternoon – 4 drops Cinnamon, 2 drops Wild Orange, 1 drop Patchouli, 1 drop Ginger
After dusk – 3 drops Petitgrain, 3 drops Wild Orange, 2 drops Clary Sage
By the Fire – 3 drops Cinnamon, 2 drops Frankincense, 2 drops Wild Orange
Autumn Bouquet – 2 drops Cassia, 2 drops Wild Orange
Fruit Basket – 3 drops Wild Orange, 3 drops Grapefruit, 2 drops Lemon, 1 drop Bergamot
Wake Up – 2 drops Wild Orange, 2 drops Peppermint
New Car Scent – 3 drops Wild Orange, 3 drops Wintergreen
Hot Spiced Tea – 3 drops Wild Orange, 2 drops Cinnamon, 1 drop Cardamom, 1 drop Clove
Sugar & Spice – 2 drops Wild Orange, 2 drops Lavender, 3 drops Frankincense
Fruit Punch – 1 drop Cassia, 1 drop Ginger, 1 drop Lime, 2 drops Citrus Bliss, 3 drops Lemon, 3 drops Wild Orange
For even more Wild Orange Diffuser Blends check out our post HERE